Have been hired by Alcatraz Cruises to project manage the new 2800 square foot traveling exhibition “Alcatraz: Life on the Rock”. The exhibition is opening at Ellis Island October 2011. Prior to the opening we would like to evaluate the exhibition with the general public.
We are interested in finding a California Bay Area venue that would be available to host the exhibition for 2-3 weeks during March or April for visitor evaluation. We would cover costs during the exhibition evaluation and there would be no cost for the exhibition rental.
- “How Do You Know Alcatraz?” An interactive introduction, complete with a model of the island and a look at The Rock’s place in media and movies.
- “Military History” examines Alcatraz’s role as a Civil War-era fortress and military prison.
- A recreated prison cell is the centerpiece of “Life on the Inside,” which looks at the conditions convicts experienced in Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary.
- “Strength: The Native American Occupation” chronicles the 19-month occupation of Alcatraz by a group of activists.
- “Preserving the Rock” highlights the island’s current status as a national park and shares images of its lush gardens and wildlife.
Sit at the visitation booth, and listen to tales told by convicts and guards. Peek through a replica of the tunnel escapees dug to break out of Alcatraz. View historic footage and hear accounts of Alcatraz residents, rangers, prisoners and guards. From walk-through cell doors to life-sized murals and models, an immersive experience awaits. Few destinations captivate visitors as Alcatraz does – and now, Alcatraz: Life on the Rock takes the island’s intriguing story on the road.