Museum Master Planning is the creation of documents to describe a new museum’s vision, the visitor experience and an organizational plan for the new institution.
Museum Master Planning includes:
- A review of institutional assets and collections
- A review of local attractions and museums
- Educational objectives of the new institution
- Experience objectives of the new institution
- Exhibition story line
- Visitor flow diagrams
- Thematic treatments
- Preliminary exhibition layout
- Style Boards
- Exhibition Renderings
- Preliminary staffing plan
- Preliminary project schedule
- Preliminary project budget
Museum Master Planning is created by a museum planning team, that include; museum staff and volunteers, members of the board of directors, a museum planner and representatives of city and state planning agencies.
The objective of Museum Master Planning is to create a clear and concise “road map” for the creation of new institution and a sustainable long term museum vision.
The slides in this presentation are missing. 🙂 Sure would love to see them!!!
“With this website we’ve just discovered a gold mine..”. MUMA:The Aruba Children’s Museum of Art and Creativity.