Happy New Year ! Hope you enjoyed your holidays.
For me 2015 was a busy year.
- The big news is my book Museums 101 was released, it even made it to #1 on the Amazon new release list for museums, you can find Museums 101 on Amazon (click for link)
- Spent December working on developing new interactive exhibits for a new music museum
- Museum Planning for a new museum in Bolivia
- Museum Planning for a new museum with a collection of more 100,000 objects
- Served as a juror for the U.S. Department of Energy 2016 Solar Decathlon
- Three Interactive Exhibits Workshops
- Two Museum Customer Service Workshops
- Starting work on a new book about Museum Marketing
- Interviewed for several news articles, New York Times “A Close-Up View of a Courbet Painting Under Restoration”, Art News “The Rijksmuseums Risk Taking Director”, Reuters “Paris Deal Boosts Plans for Climate Change Museum”,
- Approved as AAM MAP Reviewer
Thank you for the great year. Looking forward to completing more research on the topic of Museum Planning & Exhibition Design at Museum Planner and working with more great clients in 2016.
– Mark Walhimer