The Eames “Do-Nothing Machine” is one of my favorite sculptures.
Ray and Charles Eames on Wikapedia
Exhibition design of Ray and Charles Eames
- Textiles and Ornamental Arts of India (1955)
- Glimpses of the USA (seven screens for the American exhibition in Moscow, Sokoolniki Park) (1959)
- Mathematica (for IBM) (1961)
- IBM Pavilion at the 1964 New York World’s Fair
- Nehru: The man and his India (1965)
- The World of Franklin and Jefferson (1975) built for the US Bicentennial Commission opens in Paris, travels to five other countries and the US
Is this still running someplace?
What fun! I can’t help but love their aesthethic – Mathematica was one of my favorite installs.
And solar power has been obvious for years, it seems. I’d love to see the faces on the Cal Poly guys when they first saw this. thanks
Beautiful, elegant …. and fun –This is what the solar industry needs–..